Wednesday, August 1, 2012

On The Hunt



It is August 1st and I am one stressed out mama. We are due to move on September 1st and despite viewing over 100 rental units since May, I still haven't found a place for my family to call home.

Our search has run from the beautiful yet unaffordable to run-down scumshack with everything you can possibly think of in between. There was the place where a squirrel ran through the living room just as the owner was vehemently denying any presence of any pests in the building and the one where I ran into one of my downtown clients shooting up in the laundry room. The one my husband saw today which advertised it needed a little "TLC" actually stank of urine with holes in the walls and the one whose owner accused me of being a harlot since I didn't arrive with my husband and she didn't believe I had one.

There have also been a few gems. Two in particular that I fell in love with. They both needed a bit of work but were undeniably just what we were looking for. And we lost out on both because someone else applied hours before us.

So, I'm stressed. I'm trusting God has something perfect (or even at this moment, just slightly suitable) but it's hard not to feel discouraged. I have 30 days to find my family a home.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment