Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I cheated my way through high school


I have a confession to make.

I can't type.

Well actually, judging from the amount of tweets I send out into cyberspace I can type but I can't type.

In 9th grade, when I finally got to use computers in school (that's right, I never used a computer until high school), we had typing class teaching us how to touch type. But instead of paying attention and trying to learn, I thought the teacher was silly, that there was no way I'd ever need to know how to type faster than I already did and I slacked. I passed the tests and I finished the class with a B+.

But by most standards, I'm still a slow typist.

So this year, in my ever evolving quest to better myself, I want to become more proficient with computers. I'd like to learn how to do some basic coding. I'd love to learn how to make the most of this fancy macbook that I send all my tweets from. So I'm starting with learning how to type.

In fact, I used touch typing for this entire post. It's been a 30 minute effort. I'm exhausted. My fingers ache. My brain hurts.

Who knew typing was so hard?



Do you make an effort to better yourself on a personal level? Do you enjoy new activities or are you happy with the status quo?


No comments:

Post a Comment