Thursday, December 6, 2012

Victim Culture






I shudder when I see this video because it makes me feel like we're shoving fear down every woman's throat.

I've said it over at on my other blog and I'll say it again here:

Violence Against Women is NOT a women's issue. 

Yes, we need to educate each other. Yes, we need safe places to go in case it happens. But rather than making a video that is supposed to scare parents into thinking that their baby girl is going to be raped, 

HOW ABOUT MAKING THE VIDEO TO PARENTS OF BOYS SO THEY CAN EDUCATE THEIR YOUNG MEN ON IMPORTANT ISSUES LIKE RESPECT, HONOUR AND DIGNITY?

WTF. I'm sick of victim culture.

Let's place the responsibility for this squarely where it belongs, on the shoulders of men who don't understand boundaries, who have no respect for females and who know that they can get away with their actions because society has chosen to put the blame on the victims instead.

1 comment:

  1. FriendLove! Seriously, as the parent of a penis bearing child, it's MY responsibility to teach HIM that a woman's body is HERS, not his. Boundaries, respect and DONT' FUCKIN RAPE.

    Not her job to fend off, his job not to do.

    ReplyDelete